A Midsummer Daydream

Happy Summer! After a six-month blogging hiatus (my laptop was broken), I'm finally back!
Shout-out to my tech-life-saver - my boyfriend Stetson, for fixing the 'ol LT :) <3

This summer I have been fortunate enough to spend Memorial Day Weekend at a beach house in Charleston, a day at Lake Lanier Islands, went to Dave Matthews Band & Lady Antebellum concerts, watched some awesome movies (Inside Out, Ant-Man, Trainwreck, Magic Mike XXL), binge-watched Orange is the New Black for the third summer in a row, spent many nights playing board games, bowling, cuddling my 3-month old niece & enjoying time with my family, boyfriend, & friends... But there's still more fun to be had before Labor Day! :)

Here's whats been on my mind lately...

Long Island Lady

Up in the Air: The golden hour at 10,000 feet is so much more spectacular. Experience the light up in the air with this beautiful photograph-turned-wallpaper.



maus




vitamin sea ❥




Some of my favorite summer trends...
Bright, reflective sunglasses have been popping up everywhere. These colorful gems are the perfect conversation starters for an outdoor concert, festival, or brunch...just remember to keep the rest of your accessories simple: think classic metallics & simple shapes <3

I splurged on a faded green army jacket in the spring & it has been my go-to piece ever since. I throw it on at the office, or out to dinner or a movie when the AC is blasting indoors, although its a sauna outside. The relaxed style feels summery & the subtle color seems to go with just about everything! I purchased my Max Jeans jacket at Marshall's & never leave home without it!
Pom-poms, tassels, beads, fringe, & embroidered details are huge right now. When I wear items of this trend, I feel like a well-traveled woman who's just returned home from Morocco & India... I hope to actually buy special pieces from those countries one day, but for now...I'm all over this cheerful, statement-making trend! :) I purchased a pair of multi-color beaded Seychelle's sandals from Marshall's & always receive the nicest compliments!

yes i am!

Displaying photo.PNG


Rosé Wine Guide - Styles, Colors, Flavors
I'm loving the abundance of  Rosé everywhere these days... I even got my boyfriend to split a bottle of it with me last weekend! ;) Love this infographic above for novice Rosé-drinkers & this list from Buzzfeed Life featuring "25 Foods The Go Perfectly With A Glass of Rosé"
Cue the confetti: Summer is always extra exciting for me because it caps off with my birthday: August 21st! 

I'm turning 26 this August & I'll be the first to admit I am always a work-in-progress. I recently discovered this article from Refinery29 called "10 Things Every Twenty-Something Should Do To Be A Grown-Up" & it's my new personal mission to make this my to-do list for the next year!

Paint the stars! #inspiration #quote

I dare you to listen to this "Slice of Summer" playlist from Anthropologie & not start dancing...
I love all the classics they chose that perfectly put you in the summer mood :)

 

So much has been happening in our country & abroad this summer...it can be hard to keep up with it all! I recently discovered The Skimm which is a free, daily e-mail newsletter that sends you the highlights of the biggest current events from world issues to pop culture. Plus its easy to read, & the extra touch of humor makes it fun! I highly recommend it!

Every year when summer rolls around, I get so excited to watch my favorite summertime films.

My Top 15 Summer Flicks are:
1 dirty dancing 2 dazed & confused 3 now & then 4 midnight in paris 5 elizabethtown
6 the sandlot 7 mamma mia! 8 vicky, christina, barcelona 9 national lampoon's vacation
10 almost famous 11 forgetting sarah marshall 12 the way, way back 13 little miss sunshine
14 a league of their own 15 top gun











Saturday Daze






Sometimes summer can feel like an oxymoron to me: On one hand, it's a time to relax & recharge, slow down, & all things "...and the living's easy." But on the other hand, it can feel more busy & stressful with extra trips, adjusted schedules, & trying to do it all... When life is chaotic like this, sometimes I feel like at total mess... In lieu of that, I really like this article from Mind Body Green about the "5 Keys to Becoming An Irresistible Woman" - It has great reminders to treat our bodies & minds as temples so we can be our best selves <3






pop click fizz!



listen; put on morning







Have a fantastic summer! Thanks for stopping by!
xo, Gina Rose

Comments