She Decided To Start Living The Life She Imagined


"And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." — Meister Eckhart 

Hello friends! Not only is it my favorite time of the year... I am also in the midst of one of life's most exciting moments: new beginnings, which has inspired this post. Enjoy :)

Kathleen Kelly from You've Got Mail is the quintessential fall woman... doesn't this screen capture just make you wish you were picking up a pumpkin on a crisp fall afternoon after leaving your charming bookstore in New York City?! I absolutely adore this article from HelloGiggles inspired by the darling Kathleen: "Why I Want to be You've Got Mail's Kathleen Kelly When I Grow Up"

This is the time of year when birds fly south for the winter, we try to wrap up whats left of our new year's resolutions, & we focus on whats most important...family, friends, & the simple things in life. It's a time to reflect on our blessings & remember what we are thankful for in our every day lives that we sometimes lose sight of. 
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday -- I love how simple it is, yet how meaningful. It also revolves around copious amounts of food & kicks off the holiday season... so there are many reasons. One of the parts I enjoy most is the preparation on the morning of... waking up early to watch the Macy's parade + the noises & smells of a bustling kitchen. Check out "The Playlist Every Thanksgiving Party Needs" from Free People that all ages can enjoy during prep time or even during the big meal!
Vintage Princess Di in all her cozy fall glory <3






Hillary Clinton, Yale Class President, 1978 -- H I L L A R Y  2 0 1 6.



"Planes, Trains, & Automobiles" is one of my favorite films made by the legend that is John Hughes -- & its a Thanksgiving movie! John Candy's genuine & selfless character is always a great reminder to treat others the way you want to be treated & remember that we are all in this together. Check it out on Netflix <3 




As I get older, I have gained a new appreciation for winter fashion. Growing up in Arizona & Florida, I didn't really get to experience it until I lived in Atlanta for a few harsh winters. Now I really love the process of putting together a winter ensemble. Below are some of my favorite looks for the upcoming season:

Everyday Cozy Casual: Winter Whites -- The mood tends to shift to dark neutrals & jewel tones this time of year, but I just love the juxtaposition of light, dreamy neutrals instead. Think Gray, Camel, Taupe, Ivory & Cream +  layer, layer, layer!
Elevated Work Wear: Statement Plaid -- Plaid is not a new concept for this time of year... but I am loving the surge of saturated colors & large scale patterns right now. Its cheerful, confident & still classic. 
Unexpected Holiday Gathering: Flowy Frocks -- After about a decade of searching for the perfect party frock each December I am in need for a palate-cleanser from the short & sparkly. This year I think it would be fun & different to try a flowy, bohemian silhouette instead. The look can still read festive with the right color & luxe material. Plus accessories!
A few weeks ago I made a huge life change -- I left my home of 3.5 years in Atlanta & moved to Charlotte, North Carolina to live with my boyfriend/best friend, Stetson. On December 1st we move from his place to the heart of the Queen City in Uptown Charlotte (skyline above) & we are beyond excited! 
After 10 months of long-distance, Stetson & I were so pumped to live together. It has been nothing short of a blast, & I am so excited to see where our new adventure takes us. <3


I am so excited to move into a place that is ours & combine our things for a joint living space. I love this article from The Glitter Guide on the "6 Tips For Moving In With Your Significant Other On A Budget" -- Great reminder to embrace eclectic style & have fun with the process of curating a home over time. It's a marathon, not a sprint!




I put it here because I love this moment in the movie: it's funny, stunning, and heartwarming all at once. (Bring on the cheese.) It captures that moment when friendship can turn into something more.:
I love this scene from "Breakfast At Tiffany's" + Audrey's red-orange coat! :) <3


Moving to Charlotte is also a huge step forward in my life for becoming the woman I want to be in my career. It is a chance to reinvent myself & go after my lifelong dreams. There is nothing more inspiring & invigorating than a fresh start in a new city. I cannot wait to see where this new chapter takes me!



Become Who You Want to Be:




Another favorite Kathleen Kelly/You've Got Mail screen capture: "Fight, Fight, Fight!" <3



Having a few weeks off to rest & recharge has been wondrous. The month before my move was an exhausting & emotional blur as I left my job of 3 years, trained my replacement, said my goodbyes to friends & family, & moved myself & my cat to Charlotte.

I am working part-time at Anthro again & also temping on the side at Stetson's office while I search for my dream job...but I try to put a little me-time in every day too. I am flying through my adult coloring book & I tried my first hot yoga class... both are as soothing & restorative as people say they are! Up next is to start my new book: "Always Pack A Party Dress" that my office gave me as a going away gift :)

Check out this article I love from The Muse on "5 Ways to Really Recharge on Your Day Off" <3


"Don’t be afraid. There are exquisite things in store for you. This is merely the beginning." — Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray


I hope you all enjoy your holiday season & thank you for stopping by :)
xoxo, Gina

Comments

Post a Comment