october street style

Happy October! Autumn is officially here & although it's not quite sweater weather just yet, there are so many ways to have fun with {early} fall fashion.

While Fashion Week is over, & some gorgeous trends unveiled themselves on the runway {velvet, menswear, etc.} I thought I'd share a few underrated trends that I am currently enjoying wearing or planning to wear this fall. 

While I love seeing looks on the runway in all of their beautiful artform, I tend to get my inspiration more from street style. Blogs, Pinterest, & Instagram are my main sartorial sources & that is what you will see here today. I love to see how real women style themselves & I love a good candid. Or sometimes, plandid {Google it.} Anyway, read on & happy styling!

My Top 5 Styling Trends for October are...

{Culottes}
So I am currently on my third pair of these bad boys, what can I say?! They are flattering, comfortable, & such a nice break from skinny jeans! And yes, even shorties can rock these, I'm 5 foot 2!

{Bucket Bags}
I am seeing these pop up everywhere & I want one bad. Whether a sleek drawstring style, or a vintage literally-looks-like-a-bucket type, they have caught my attention.

{Pink}
Loving this unexpected color for Fall. As someone who seriously embraced the Millenial Pink trend, I am very intrigued to see a brighter hue in the mix.

{Midi Booties} 
Okay, this is not an official fashion term - I literally made it up. But like the midi dress that has been popular, the midi boot hits about mid calf, higher than your typical bootie. There is something about this silhouette that I just can't get enough of! 

{Mom Jeans}
Yes, I saved the best for last. These are actually awesome. Once you put on a pair, you will understand. The high-waist plus flattering bum combo is a win-win. And another nice breather from skinny jeans. Styled with a feminine top or just a t-shirt will have you feeling like an SNL gal ;)


Happy Styling! <3

Comments