hair candy

A few months ago, I saw blogger Jacie Duprie post this photo wearing black barrettes & I was instantly in love. So much so, that I went out and bought an old school package of Scunci barrettes from CVS and immediately brought back an old love I hadn't seen since middle school.

For about the last decade, I've exclusively used blonde bobbie pins for any hair needs. But I just loved the idea of the black barrettes contrasted against the blonde hair. From there I began to notice an emphasis on hair accessories all over Pinterest and Instagram. 

From oversized styles, lucite, and modern pearl styles, to silk scarves, and even headbands. Embrace your inner 10 year old and have a little fun with your hair accessories. I especially love the ultra feminine hair accessories paired back to either a simple slick-backed look or effortless imperfect waves. 

See below for inspo!


Where to buy? Try Madewell, Lou & Grey, Anthropologie, or your local drugstore!

Comments