my fall/winter capsule wardrobe


If you remember my post back in July, you know that I'm a huge believer in the capsule wardrobe. Not sure what that is? Check out THIS POST for my full breakdown and my spring/summer capsule wardrobe.

This time around, it will not be quite as in-depth. But I really had fun creating this capsule for fall/winter aka the best time of year for fashion!

The one main difference in my fall/winter capsule was it was completely NEUTRAL. I have fallen in love with neutral colors in the past few years and discovered that your wardrobe can be anything but boring wearing only neutrals. It is honestly even easier to put outfits together and not stress about that random green top I love but that doesn't go with anything in my closet. I just stopped buying things like that. I'm still a huge fan of color and this could change again in the spring/summer. But for this period in my life, neutrals are perfect - low-maintenance, works with my budget, and always timeless.

The specific neutral colors that I have been wearing are:
- black (duh)
- white
- ivory
- camel
- rust
- heather gray
- charcoal gray
- denim (technically blue, but to me, still a neutral)

That's it!

See my breakdown below...

5 SWEATERS:

1 tan leopard crew neck (Dress Up Boutique)


 1 heather gray and black turtleneck  (Marshall's)


1 ivory crewneck with textured dots (Vince Camuto)


 1 heather gray mock neck with stripes and speckles (Loft)


 1 oversized black turtleneck with white checks (Belk)



3 CARDIGANS:

1 heather gray cardigan (Loft)


1 black and white striped cardigan (Loft)


1 rust cardigan (Target)



2 SKIRTS:

1 white pleated midi skirt (Target)


1 rust polka dot midi skirt (H&M)



3 PANTS:

1 faux leather kick-flare trouser (Target)


1 rust wide-leg crop (Gap)


1 ivory wide-leg crop (Loft)



1 DRESS:

black and white leopard wrap dress (Loft Petites)



3 COATS:

1 camel knee-length peacoat (Anne Klein)


1 dark purple thigh-length peacoat (Loft)
[ this is the only exception to the neutrals! ]


1 rust teddy bear coat (Billabong)



BONUS - New Year's Eve Look:

1 black turtleneck bodysuit (Madewell) + 1 black slip dress (H&M) 
+ black/gold brocade booties (TJ Maxx) + gold chain necklace (thrifted) 
= voila!


And that's it! 

A few honorable mentions that you saw above were:

- 3 turtlenecks/bodysuits: black, gray, b/w striped
- 3 black and white patterned blouses
- 4 pairs of jeans (medium mom jean, dark skinny jean, charcoal mom jean, charcoal skinny jean)
- opaque black tights
- 1 b/w striped headband, 1 ivory/pearl headband
- 1 pair of white sneakers 
- 1 pair of black loafers
- 6 pairs of booties (white, beige, tan, brown, black, black/gold brocade)
pro-tip: I prefer booties over higher boots, they're more versatile unless you are in very cold weather!

And there you have it! Remember: This doesn't happen overnight. I've been collecting pieces slowly for years. Take your time & take all the OOTDs in the process! ;)

As always, I hope I inspired you. <3

Comments