au naturel

I have always had a weakness for purses. Not designer, but rather, unique little gems that give an ensemble that extra special something. In high school I had everything from a cigar box purse to a Capri Sun bag I made myself (circa 2005!) to name a few. Now I adore my more minimal yet chic pieces - a vintage cognac Coach crossbody, a matte black leather clutch from J. Crew, etc.

It's no secret that "basket bags" - made with raw materials like straw or wicker - were huge last year. Very a-la-Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz... minus Toto! Perfect for any spring/summer soiree or vacation.


This spring another raw material has been added to the mix: WOOD. Wooden beaded bags have been catching my eye and I think this is finally the one for me. While I initially passed on the woven bag trend last year, thinking it wasn't timeless enough for my capsule wardrobe (more on that later), I am now fully in need of a wooden bag.


This new variation is so me. It has a low-key retro feel to it that I absolutely love. The natural texture of the beads plus the blonde color of the oak is exactly the low-maintenance, grab-and-go bag I need to complete all my warm-weather looks. Inspo below!


Runner up for this trend is: BAMBOO. I especially love the bamboo bags with the wood bead straps!


Pair it with a poppy sundress, white sneakers, and hit the dive bars with your girlfriends... take this beaded bag out for a spin, and maybe some whiskey. <3




Comments