How To Style Your -Kinda- Fall Wardrobe + Emmy Fashion

Alright, so it is now officially Autumn. Say goodbye to your sundresses. And although I'm just excited as the next girl to bust out my scarves & boots, Mother Nature is just not quite there yet. If you live in Atlanta like me, or perhaps in Florida &/or Arizona where I grew up, then you know it doesn't typically get cold enough to really bundle up until around Thanksgiving. So what do we wear in the meantime? Here are my suggestions for a kinda fall wardrobe to wear before we go full Eskimo from head to toe.

This is the perfect time of year to switch up your color palette but still show a little skin. 
Try a leather mini like one of my favorite muses, Reese Witherspoon.

Take a note from J. Crew & ease into those fall neutrals by going with the new 2014 Pantone colors, 
"Sand" & "Paloma" instead of jumping right to blacks & browns. I especially love the monochromatic idea.

I've never actually tried the shorts with tights look, but I still think it's cute! 
I'd recommend looser fitting shorts to juxtapose the tight tights. :)

Three Words: Long. Sleeve. Dresses.

You just can't go wrong with black & white stripes.

I mean c'mon...perfection.

It's all in the details. A few fall staples mixed into your look feels seasonally-appropriate without over doing it in 73 degree weather. Try lightweight booties & a gauzy scarf or a pinch of colorful plaid with a pleated skirt.

Lastly - How could I not share my favorite looks from The Emmy's?! These 3 gals took the cake for me. 
1) I love the simplicity of Rose Byrne's blush look. Very sleek & modern with this two-piece number.

2) Leslie Mann never fails to look stunning. This black & white chevron look is age-appropriate, yet perfectly sexy & fun. 

3) Zosia Mamet got some flack for her unique dress, but I love it. She takes a lot of fashion risks & I applaud her for it. I love that it looks like a piece of art with some edge.

Ciao!

Comments