Hello, September.

As I said before, I recently had a birthday, & it always strikes me as such a funny time of year when it comes around. As a kid it was typically on or around the first day of school. My 18th birthday was my first day of college. And my 21st & 22nd birthdays were spent during recruitment for my college sorority. It's weird in that it always marks the summer ending, & brings me such a bittersweet feeling.

Today is September 1st. Although it's not officially the first day of the fall season, in my mind summer is officially over. I look back on this summer with nothing but smiles. It was filled with beer festivals, Braves games, breweries, a work retreat in Destin, a trip home to Ft. Lauderdale, 4th of July at the lake, a food truck festival, Luke Bryan concert, the Atlanta Zoo, countless movies & new restaurants, long afternoons drinking bottomless mimosas, & a few small Netflix obsessions with "Arrested Development" & "Orange is the New Black." But most importantly it was spent with some really special people to share it all with.

So here's to the next chapter of 2013, & chapter one of being 24. Here are some things I am really looking forward to this fall:

1. College Football! Okay, I went to an SEC school...specifically the #10 ranked school in the country! That's all I'm going to say about that. But busting out my gator coozie, & sipping beers with a good college friend at an Atlanta gator bar yesterday was the perfect fall kick-off. Go Gators.

2. The return of fall TV + The Emmy's
I'm so ready for some new Modern Family, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Parks & Recreation, Top Chef, & of course - the final season of How I Met Your Mother!

3. Fall Fashion. Specifically these trends/staples: Bright florals with black backdrops/accents, tartan plaid button-downs, trench coats for any occasion, & the new Phillip Lim designer collection for Target featuring lots of navy, kelly green & faux leather. I'm also looking forward to the challenge of finding new ways to style my white jeans & take them from summer to fall. That old taboo that you can't wear white after Labor Day is kapeesh!                 

4. These new movies, just to name a few: (click the links to see the trailers)
"Afternoon Delight" starring Katherine Hahn (Anchorman, Step Brothers) & Josh Radnor (HIMYM)  
"Don Jon" starring Joseph Gordon Levitt & Scarlett Johansson
"August: Osage County" starring Meryl Streep & a slew of other popular actors
"Saving Mr. Banks" starring Tom Hanks & Emma Thompson
"The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" starring Ben Stiller

5. CINNAMON BROOMS!!! ;)

Okay, time to go watch "You've Got Mail" 274,364 times! Happy Fall Ya'll.


Comments